Preventive Healthcare refers to measures taken to prevent diseases and/or injuries, rather than curing them or treating their symptoms. This type of healthcare, which Gold Standard's Medical Experts are fully qualified to provide, contrasts in method with curative and palliative medicine. It also contrasts in scope with public health methods, which work at the level of population health rather than individual health.
Regardless of how well one feels, it is always important to visit a healthcare provider on a relatively
regular basis. The purpose of these visits is to enable healthcare practitioners, such as Gold
Standard, to carry out the following Preventative Healthcare services and procedures on your
– Screen for possible Musculoskeletal diseases, such as Scoliosis, Osgood Schlatters Disease
– Evaluate future disease risks, such as Obesity, High Cholesterol and Osteoporosis
– Discuss the patient's relationship with alcohol in a non-judgemental fashion
– Discuss the effects of smoking whilst providing tips on how to kick the habit
– Encourage a healthy lifestyle, placing an emphasis on exercise and a healthy diet
– Establish and maintain a healthcare provider/patient relationship
Note: Appreciating that many patients who seek the above care will do so with a degree of apprehension and trepidation, please rest assured that Gold Standard treat all with the utmost respect, empathy and care. Having taken the Hippocratic Oath, Gold Standard's staff would like to also stress any information disclosed is held in total and absolute confidence, it used solely for the benefit of the patient.